When you advertise a new vacancy for your business it can be very easy to get lots of applications from job seekers, but it often not so easy when you are aiming at attracting qualified job seekers to fill your job role or vacancy.
In this blog post we would like to share some top tips with you that will help with attracting qualified job seekers;
Firstly you need to think about the key requirements and information that are in the existing job description. While the new job description shouldn’t be the same, some of the parts will be the same so these important bits need to be used.
It is essential that you remember a Job Advert and a Job Description is not the same thing. The job advert should be scaled-down version of the job description. It will focus on why the candidate should apply, what is so great about your business and the role. While the job advert focuses on attracting qualified job seekers to apply for the role, the job description talks about the role in more detail and what a day in the job role would look like.
Here are some ways of attracting qualified job seekers which may help you;
- Make the job title stand out from the text. One way of doing this is to put the job title in bold.
- In the job advert, talk about the work environment and company culture so the potential candidate can get a sense of your business and business model.
- Make the job description skimmable. This can be done by breaking it into sections such as Company Culture, Job Role, Responsibilities, Working Hours, Company Overview, etc.
- Ensure that the keywords, essential requirements and attributes and easy to find, clear and understandable. You may consider bullet marking the key text to ensure it is seen.
- You may choose to describe the ideal candidate for this role. This will help with attracting qualified job seekers because they can quickly feel like they are ‘ticking the boxes’ and that they are a fit for your business and job role.
If you want help recruiting for a new position in your business or you are struggling with attracting qualified job seekers then why not contact us directly. We would be happy to help you find the right candidate for your business, company culture and job role.