If you have decided that the best way to recruit for your next role is with the help of a recruitment consultant, then this is the blog post for you. Here at Point Recruitment we have over 30 years experience in recruitment. We have shared some of our top tips below, to help you get the best from your recruitment agency and to get the most out of your recruiter – employer relationship.
- Make sure you select the right agency. Take you time to research the best recruitment agency for your business. Ask around for recommendations so you can seek a reputable and reliable recruitment agency to work with. By working with experts in the recruitment industry with lots of experience behind them, you can be sure you’ll get the best from your recruitment agency.
- It is essential that you don’t bring too many agencies on board as this will add to the stress of recruitment, instead of reducing the stress. Take the time to choose one, or even two, recruitment agencies you want to work with on your current vacancies. If they’re not working out for you, swap them for a new agency. Don’t work with multiple agencies.
- We would recommend that you have a face to face meeting with your chosen recruitment agency. Show them around your business, introduce them to your key team members and tell them your story. By telling your recruitment consultant more about your business you will get the best from your recruitment agency.
- Give your recruitment consultant a clear brief of the job role, the responsibilities and more. Also talk about your company values and the personality you want from your candidate, as well as the skills you require.
- Keep the lines of communication open with your recruitment consultant. Speak to them about the CVs you like, and why you like them. After interviews tell your recruitment consultant what you thought about the candidate. This will help them better understand your business and the sort of candidates you are looking for in the future.
- To get the best from your recruitment agency you need to remember that you and the recruiter are a team. You are both working to get the best candidates for your business. The more they know the better candidate they can find.
If you need help filling a job role in your business give us a call. We look forward to creating a strong working recruiter – employer relationship with you.