When it comes to interviews, it is all about questions. The idea of a job interview is for the employer to find out more about you. However, it is also a chance for you to find out more about your potential future boss too.
The most important thing to remember when being asked and asking interview questions is to be confident. Don’t let any self-doubt creep in. You have been asked into the interview for a reason. They saw something they liked about you. Now, they just want to find out more about you.
In this blog post we share some interview questions to ask as well as interview questions to be prepared for.
Interview Questions To Be Prepared For
These are some examples of questions that are often asked in interviews. It’s a good idea to practice answers to these questions so you feel more prepared for the interview. You also won’t be caught off guard in the interview as you’ll have your answer practised.
- Tell me about a time at work when you felt under pressure, how did you cope?
- There are often times that you may need to complete multiple tasks at one time. Have you had this before and how did you prioritise?
- How would you deal with an irate, angry or unhappy customer?
- Has there been a time when you have altered your behaviour to fit a situation?
- Can you tell me about how your influence your colleagues?
- How do you feel your handle stress or pressure?
- What have your managers done in the past to motivate you? How do you like to be motivated?
- You’ve said in your CV that you are a good communicator, what makes you a good communicator?
- Why do you think you are the right fit for our business?
- What makes you think you are the right candidate for this job vacancy?
- Why do you want to leave your current position?
- I’ve seen a gap in your CV, can you explain that for me please?
Interview Questions To Ask
At the end of every interview you will be asked if you have any questions you would like to ask. This is a really good chance for you to get across your passion for the job and your keenness to work for the company. Here are some examples of interview questions to ask your interviewer that will really impress then and help you stand out.
- How would you explain the work culture here?
- What do your employees, or you enjoy most about working here?
- I want to be successful in this role, if I was offered it, what could I do to ensure I was successful?
- How does this role fit with the goals of the business?
- What would I be doing that makes your job easier?
- Can you explain the training process to me please?
Interview Questions To Ask And Be Prepared For – Overview
Give yourself the best possible chance of bagging the job by turning up on time, dressing smartly and smiling. Use your body language in a positive way, maintain eye contact and relax.
If you need help finding a job, check out our latest job vacancies online or contact our team of recruitment consultants in Huntingdon.