Our client is undergoing a significant amount of change with new investment being made to support future growth plans. Running parallel to this is a clear requirement to develop, implement and maintain robust warehouse management processes and controls together with clear processes to support effective and accurate inventory control.
You will be managing a small team of 2 or 3 who are managing day to day tasks around general warehousing processes and these tasks need tight co-ordination together with a forward-looking approach to identify potential issues further down the line. In addition to this, thought is required around skill sets within the team and longer-term structure to ensure materials flow remains under control during a period of growth.
Materials control is key as this limits production uptime and efficiency. A front to end review of all processes is required together with a clear actionable plan that can be delivered quickly. This should establish clear processes and accountabilities throughout the organisation to cover incoming material, production issues and receipts and overall functioning of the warehouse and goods despatch.
The role will be hands on and the expectation is that the warehouse manager is fully absorbed in all processes and ultimately accountable for the performance of the warehouse function.
• Ensure that all deliveries are checked and booked into the system in a timely manner.
• Manage and control the off-site warehouse location and ensure that stock movements in/out are recorded through the system.
• Manage daily customer despatches, ensuring that all paperwork and shipments are thoroughly checked before despatch. Working with customer services to ensure all shipments are prioritised in the correct order.
• Manage re-packing processes for certain customer parts.
• Control subcontracting deliveries and booking processes.
• Establish weekly perpetual inventory processes and develop controls around variance reporting across all areas of the business.
• Carry out a complete review of existing warehousing structure and store location management.
• Take the lead in the management of transport companies and liaise with agents in relation to export shipments.
• Develop the warehouse team and potential restructuring requirements. Existing team is probably over staffed.
• Manage and control material issues and receipts in/out of production and accurate location management of stock.
• Manage stock locations across the business to include stores, compounds, metals, and off-site storage location.
• Regular undertake EHS checks on fork-lift trucks, racking and general working practices.
• Control of goods in and despatch processes and paperwork.
• Management of customer despatches to tight deadline.
• Control of material issues and receipts to production.
• Stock accuracy.
• Transport arrangements and off-site warehousing.
• Must possess extensive experience of heading up a warehouse function within a manufacturing environment where inventory management and control has played a key aspect within the role.
• Must be able to quickly establish credibility and solid relationships across the business and take ownership for key issues. The business has little time to do much hand holding and needs someone who can hit the ground running and quickly get up to speed.
• Must possess strong organisation, communication, and people management skills. Must be able to build an effective team and manage performance.
• Previous experience of working within a manufacturing business is essential together with ability to demonstrate awareness of the key issues that drive effective warehouse management and performance.
• Detailed understanding of warehouse control, goods in and despatch functionality and processes within Sage X3 environment or close alternative (Navision, SAP) is essential.
• Must possess a proactive and can do approach and be comfortable working within a small team where there is a requirement to find the right balance between a hand's on and roll your sleeves up approach and the wider picture. Must be prepared to go the extra mile.
• Demonstrate excellent, effective, and respectful communication skills and be comfortable working across all levels of an organisation.
Working hours & Salary
08:30 until 17:00 - Monday to Friday
If you are interested in applying for the role please click the link or call Will Granger on the main office line for more information