£Negotiable plus excellent benefits
The Manufacturing Engineer will be working closely with the manufacturing production area along with engineering.
The ideal candidate will be an Electro-Mechanical engineer with experience of the assembly and testing of consumer electronic products. A good knowledge of electronics with a recognised qualification in an electronics, mechanical and production engineering or related subject.
Main duties for the Manufacturing Engineer
Interface to R+D team.
Provide technical leadership for production & test teams.
Technical author for factory's test process documentation and product assembly work instructions.
Responsible for the production assembly tools, jigs, fixtures and processes.
Influence test jig design, working closely with test engineering on test systems development.
Technical trainer for production test areas, control and update of the test dept skills matrix.
Monitor and implement H&S directives given to test dept by our H&S committee.
Main point of technical contact for external suppliers and partners.
The Manufacturing Engineer will also have liaison with other departments and OEMs on the subjects of:
• Material flow information - with the production management team, planning process flow and defining methods.
• Production operative product awareness, to enlighten and encourage production assembly workers to understand the technical reasons behind the tasks they are asked to perform.
• Product related feedback, to provide a tight feedback loop to the R&D team.
• Technical detail and support information to other production departments.
The Manufacturing Engineer will ideally have the following:
• Graduated with an engineering degree.
• Worked as a manufacturing engineer for 4-5 years. Experience required
• Proficiency in word and image processing and of data handing & with an aptitude towards preparation of visual aids, e.g.
• Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Visio are minimum requirements, also ideally have working knowledge of AutoCAD and other modern design CAD systems, database tools and other software tools.
• Be a well organised individual with a strong will to improve all aspect of product assembly and test.
• Be a good communicator and to be able to present data and instruction in a clear and concise manner.
The Manufacturing Engineer is based in Huntingdon
Monday to Friday days