Security & Network Design Specialist
Salary negotiable plus benefits
Our busy client in Huntingdon are looking for a Security and Network Design Specialist to join their team.
Job requirements for the Security and Network Design Specialist:
• To have functional experience with Generic Security Systems, CCTV Systems, Access Control systems, balanced twisted pair Structured Cabling and fibre optic cable installations and their design and implementation.
• Functional experience with Intercom Communications Systems, Call Systems & Private Mobile Radio Systems.
• Functional experience with Intruder Alarm Systems & external Perimeter Intrusion detection.
• Functional experience in Wired & Wireless data communication systems. Data Network design at the Core and Edge of the Network, including Network management systems.
• To assist in the design and documentation of the Security Systems for each project phase ensuring its completion in a professional, consistent and timely manner.
• To assist in the design and documentation of the Network systems for the support of all IP devices for each project phase ensuring its completion in a professional, consistent and timely manner.
• As and when required assist with Security & Network System inspections of contractor installations and provide inspection reports on the quality of the installation and produce snag lists.
• Have the ability to prepare labelling, testing and commissioning schedules to be used by specialist contractors to qualify the quality and completeness of the installation.
• Have the ability to view CCTV image reports and advise on suitability.
• Have the ability to review balanced twisted pair and fibre optic test results provided by the contractor on installations and produce a report on the findings.
• To respond to Security & Network queries in a professional, consistent and timely manner.
• To work with the wider team to ensure that the Security & Network element of the projects sits seamlessly within the wider scope.
• To have experience with TruView.
• Have high standards of accuracy - to be able to work within guidelines and apply standards consistently.
The person specification for the Security and Network Design Specialist
• To be self-motivated and work well with others - communicating with other team members and contributing to the team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to listen & question to gain & share understanding.
• Willingness to work at a variety of tasks to contribute to the whole team
Monday to Friday 37.5 hour week 8.45am to 5.15pm
For more information on this exciting position, please contact Lisa Parsons