Do you have a passion for health and are you educated to degree level in a science-based subject?
Our prestigious health supplement client who is based in Huntingdon- Cambridgeshire is looking for a Junior Business Development Manager to join their team, to help grow their healthcare and sports nutrition business
This is a growing company who create, develop and deliver functional & healthy supplements and snacks for UK brand owners.
As the emphasis of the activity will be to market functional products to brand owners there is a requirement to understand the basic modes of action for each ingredient so that opportunities can be identified and efficacy can be communicated.
There is also a requirement to understand and explain to customers study results and the function of certain ingredients in products.
These requirements mean that the successful candidate should have a science based degree preferably in a relevant subject like human / sports nutrition.
The right candidate can expect to receive a competitive salary and benefits including a performance bonus + car allowance when independent customer visits are appropriate + private medical cover + iPhone/laptop + others.
Attending trade shows to find new clients, understand industry trends and find new products + suppliers - this will involve some overseas and local travel.
A broad and varied role involving;
- Finding potential new customers by attending trade shows and desk top research. Then identifying opportunities for the Company products within their range and making an approach.
- Respond to all incoming enquiries from potential new clients and follow-up until such time as the project is live at which point a Category Manager may assist / take ownership or pursue the enquiry until such time as we decide to close the file.
- Record all potential new business.
- Attending weekly Commercial team meeting, report on new enquiries, and record + distribute the minutes.
- Maintain accurate records of activities for example meetings with customers and agents. Reporting activity to colleagues at the commercial team meetings.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for colleagues.
The role will at times may involve travel in the UK and Europe which may involve nights away and requires flexible approach to hours.
Being part of a small team means flexibility and the responsibilities will not be limited to the above.
Qualifications & experience:
Educated to degree level in a science-based subject is preferable . No commercial experience is necessary, as adequate training will be supplied.
Other desirable skills & personality profiles:
§ Self motivated & self reliant
§ Hands on/can go attitude
§ Team player
§ Excellent people/communication skills
§ Flexible approach to business whilst showing precision in your work.
§ Sound commercial understanding and good negotiation skills
§ Comfortable working in a small, relaxed non hierarchical organization
Should you meet the required skill set and wish to explore this opportunity - please contact Sharon on 01480 431 888 or 07563 179 539.