Here at Point Recruitment we are always open with our clients and candidates. If we think we have the right job for you, we will tell you. If we think the job you want may not be suitable for you, or if there are changes you can make to your CV to improve it, then we will tell you.
However, we know there are other recruitment agencies out there, which are not as open and transparent as we are. This is why we have put together some secrets from the recruitment industry that we think you should definitely be aware of.
- Did you know that the 1st applications for jobs we advertise are sat in our inboxes within 200 seconds of the job advert going live? This means you need to keep a close eye on job boards, apply quickly and stay in touch with recruitment consultants so you can be the first to know about new jobs.
- The average time that recruiters and hiring managers spend looking at a CV is just 5-7 seconds. Make sure your CV looks great, stands out and grabs the reader’s attention.
- There is a 17% chance that your cover letter will be read. Once again, make sure you include a cover letter, but make it jump out, and ensure it is unique to the job you are applying for.
- Just one spelling error or grammar mistake can result in your CV being deleted or thrown away. Make sure you double and triple check your CV and get a friend to check over it for mistakes too.
- 68% of employers will look on facebook to find your profile. Make sure your online profile is giving the best possible impression of you for the potential employer.
- A whopping 76% of CVs are ignored if your email address is deemed to be unprofessional. We would recommend that you take the time to set up a professional email address, even if you only use it for applying for jobs.
- An average of 250 CVs are received by recruiters and employers, per job advert – think of ways that you can make yours stand out. Make sure it reads well, clearly shows you’re the right person for the job and maybe call to check the CV has been received so you stick in the recruiter or employers mind?
If you need help finding your dream job then speak to a recruitment consultant in Huntingdon, here at Point Recruitment and see what we can do for you.