Have you been considering temporary work? Maybe you have seen a temporary job role that you’d like to apply for, but you’re not sure if temporary work is right for you? The main two employment types are permanent employment and temporary employment. Which one is right for you?
In this blog post we share the advantages of temporary work. We also share the disadvantages of temporary work. Have a read of this blog post to help you understand if temporary or permanent work is best for you. Once you have decided you can check out our current job vacancies in Cambridgeshire here.
The Advantages of Temporary Work
Below we have listed just some of the many advantages of temporary work. Have a look and see which advantages appeal more to you for your working future.
- Temporary work tends to be for shorter periods. This means that you can detach yourself from office gossip and office politics. Instead, you can just focus on your doing your job right.
- If you need money for a special occasion like Christmas or a holiday for example, you can earn the money you need quickly, and only work for a short amount of time. You will often find that temporary work pays more than permanent roles, but only over a fixed period.
- By working in a temporary job role, you can keep the flexibility you need in your life. This means that you don’t have to work 9am-5pm all the time. Instead, you can choose the days and hours that you work.
- If you have had a long break from work or you are looking to gain experience in a new area, temporary work could be the perfect solution for you.
- Temporary work can be a great way of earning money while deciding what career you want in the future. You can try out different jobs roles and industries before deciding what you want your future career to be.
- If you are looking for complete freedom over your future, temporary work could be the perfect type of employment for you.
The Disadvantages of Temporary Work
While there are lots of advantages to temporary work, there are some disadvantages too. We have listed the 2 main disadvantages below for you.
- When you have a temporary job, the salary isn’t guaranteed. The contract could finish early or on time. However, you may find yourself out of work between temporary jobs. During this time, there will be no money coming in.
- As a temporary worker you will have very few rights when it comes to sick leave and holiday pay for example. Very often, you will not get paid while you are away and there may not be a job on your return.
If you are looking for temporary work, why not check out our temporary vacancies in Cambridgeshire. Or you can give our team a call to discuss the sort of work you are looking for.